Nathaniel Orr-Depner (“NOD”) is Director of Client Services at Auctus Capital Partners. He is a recognized leader that leverages expertise and demonstrated success in advising global companies to reach new potential with a keen focus on achieving greater productivity.
NOD brings nearly two decades of extensive experience in in all facets of strategy, business development, market analysis, client services and C-level partnerships, with more than 10 years working as a hedge fund manager and in the private equity space.
He is an elite communicator, adept at identifying and isolating business challenges and devising solutions that translate leadership’s visions into executable plans for optimized revenue streams.
Prior to joining Auctus, he founded Capricorn Consulting Limited, a consulting firm offering dedicated project assistance with a focus on financial transactions, compliance, and trade-related issues. He also championed strategy for Best Buy Business, the fastest growing channel within the parent company, establishing and maintaining new partnerships while utilizing connections and experience to drive continuous growth to $1BB.
In 2016, NOD co-founded and led development of Global Risk and Data Authority (GRADA), a RegTech portal to address the ever-increasing complexities of AML (anti-money laundering), compliance, legal, and IT. From 2011 to 2015, NOD served Caledonian Securities Limited as a managing director overseeing the bank’s FX activity and capital adequacy balance sheet, which followed his tenure as managing director at Lionhart (USA) LLC. He began his career in financial services at Truss Edge (formerly EDD Fund Services) after earning his Bachelors in business administration from the University of Iowa.
Key accomplishments include:
- Leading FX, Equity, and Fixed Income trading; raised AUC levels from $0 to $2BB at Caledonian, and traded more than 8BB shares in first 18 months.
- Far exceeded revenue and profitability targets from $250K in year-one to $6MM by year-three, while managing clients and establishing market relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-million-dollar budgets to meet current and future financial needs and requirements.
- Successful development of portal to facilitate global “Know Your Customer” (KYC) and “Know Your Customers’ Customer” (KYCC) compliance requirements; known for publishing articles in hedge fund and economist-related news media.
- Leveraged strong business acumen to be instrumental in growing team’s vision to $700MM and beyond.